How to apply to Master´s

Applying to Centria University of Applied Sciences takes place at

More information about our Master's Degrees will be published later.

Eligibility for the programme is given by

  • Higher education degree completed in Finland or a higher education degree in the field of business and administration completed outside Finland and

  • Three years of work experience after completing the higher education degree

    • If you have a higher education degree completed outside Finland, the work experience needs to be in the field of business and administration

    • If you have a higher education degree completed in Finland, the work experience can be from the same field as the completed degree or from the field of business and administration.
      Applicants who have completed a Finnish vocational college diploma or higher vocational diploma (opisto- tai ammatillisen korkea-asteen tutkinto) before the completion of their higher education degree, may also take into account the work experience gained before the higher education degree.

In order to be eligible, applicants must have 36 months (three years) of work experience accumulated as from the date of award of the final degree certificate and obtained no later than 31 July 2018 for the spring application period and no later than 31 December 2018 for the autumn application period. Work experience does not have to be continuous or earned with the same employer. Practical training or on-the-job training that is included in the degree used for applying is not counted as work experience. Testimonials of the work experience will be checked from the admitted students. Admission is conditional until the information entered on the application form and the certificates have been checked. 

Entrepreneurship will be accepted as work experience if an applicant can produce a certificate attesting that he or she is or has been covered under the statutory YEL or MYEL pension scheme. (YEL = statutory pension scheme for entrepreneurs; MYEL = statutory pension scheme for farmers, forest estate owners, fishers and reindeer herders and their family members). Enterprising activities abroad should be substantiated with comparable official documents.

Work experience is given in full months. When converting part-time work (work under 35 hours per week) into its full-time equivalent, 150 hours or 20 working days lasting at least 7 hours per day correspond to one month of work. Work experience does not have to be continuous or obtained with the same employer. The amount of work experience points awarded for simultaneous employment relationships may not exceed the amount awarded for full-time employment.

Military or non-military national service, women’s voluntary military service or child-care leave will not be counted towards work experience.

Refugees in Finland

If an applicant is a refugee or in a refugee-like situation and is unable to submit documentary evidence of his or her qualification, a university of applied sciences may invite the applicant to sit an entrance examination or take any advance assignment submitted by the specified deadline into account. The applicant must have an official decision attesting to his or her refugee status (a decision to grant asylum or a residence permit issued on the basis of need for protection). The applicant must submit a copy of this decision to the admissions office of each university of applied sciences to which he or she is applying by the deadline specified in advance.

Seuraa meitä somessa: