ePrivacy and GPDR Cookie Consent by Cookie Consent

Financial support for students

The financial support applies only to degree students.

Finnish citizens can get student financial aid provided by the Social Insurance Institution of Finland (Kela).

Non-citizens of Finland can get financial aid for studies in Finland if they live in Finland on a permanent basis for a purpose other than studying. This requires that they are registered as a permanent resident in the Finnish population register system. The purpose of residence in Finland is determined by reference to such matters as the residence permit, registration or acceptance to an educational institution. Applications for financial aid must be accompanied by the appendix form OT10 for foreign residents.

If you come to Finland solely for the purpose of attending a school, you cannot get Finnish student financial aid.

Seuraa meitä somessa: